Some of our most noteworthy mentions in the media:
Environmental and Sustainable Investing
- Investing to Do Good – USA Today – June 13
Read how impact investors integrate their values into their investment choices.
- Divestment Push Has More Small Investors Wanting Fossil-Free Portfolios – InsideClimate News – February 13
President Leslie Samuelrich shares stories about how individual investors have driven the firm’s growth.
- The Best Performing Funds of 2014: Green Century Equity Fund – Environmental Finance – February 5
Learn how going fossil fuel free helped the Green Century Equity Fund’s performance.
- A New Study Urges Leaving Fossil Fuels in the Ground. How Will It Affect Business? - The Guardian – January 8
President Leslie Samuelrich explains how investors may be able to reduce financial risk by divesting from fossil fuel companies.
- Environmental Investing: The Most Influential Investors, p.16 - Journal of Environmental Investing 5, no. 2 (2014) – January 1
Senior Vice President Kristina Curtis recounts Green Century’s founding by environmental groups.
Making an Impact Through Green Century
- How Mankind Blew the Fight Against Climate Change - The Washington Post – June 9
Author and 350.org founder Bill McKibben outlines the shortcomings of shareholder engagement with fossil fuel companies.
- Companies Call for Tougher Sustainability Standards for Palm Oil - The Guardian – June 1
Green Century calls for stricter criteria in designating sustainable palm oil.
- Chevron Called to Carpet for Trying to Buy Local Election – Triple Pundit – May 21
After Chevron spent $3M to lose an election, Green Century moved to press the company to curtail its political spending.
- PepsiCo Shareholders Urge Company to Act on Bee Supply Chain Concerns - Supply Management – May 20
Green Century pressures PepsiCo to save bee population.
- As ADM Aims to End Deforestation in its Supply Chain, Will Soy Become the Next Palm Oil? – The Guardian – May 6
Green Century advocates for agricultural commodities companies to incorporate sustainability practices in their soy supply chains.
- ADM Bows to Shareholder Pressure, Commits to New Deforestation Policy - Triple Pundit – April 1
An inside look at why ADM agreed to Green Century’s no-deforestation request.
- ADM Commits to No-Deforestation Policy for Soybeans, Palm Oil - Bloomberg – March 31
Green Century pressures agricultural giant ADM to make first commitment of its kind to source soy from only sustainable companies.
- Group Calls on Chevron to Stop Spending Money on Politics – Patch – February 13
Green Century’s Erin Gray explains how political spending can create business risks.
- Partners in Advocacy: Green Century Capital Management – First Affirmative Financial Network, LLC, Interview with Leslie Samuelrich – January 26
Learn how being owned by environmental groups drives Green Century to make an impact.
- Oil, Natural Gas Drillers Lag in Disclosing Risks - Bloomberg – December 11
- Pepsi Curbs Fuel Consumption, Avoids CO2 Emissions - Environmental Leader – November 3
- ConAgra’s Palm Oil Commitment: Saving Forests and Reducing Greenhouse Gases – The Guardian - August 22
- How Tracing The Oil In Your Pop-Tarts May Help Save Rain Forests - National Public Radio (NPR) – February 21
- Kellogg to Stop Buying Deforested Palm Oil Amid Pressure - Bloomberg – February 14
- Tyson Foods Tells Pig Farmers to Adopt More Humane Practices - Triple Pundit – January 24
- Four Reasons to Consider Fossil Free Fuel Investing – DailyWorth – December 23
- 2014: Riding a Rocket, Divestment Movement Gains Momentum - ClimateInside News – December 22
- Green Century Funds: A Force for Change – Green Chip Stocks – October 16
- The Morning Risk Report: More Pressure for Climate Change Disclosure - The Wall Street Journal – September 23
- What Oil Companies Do is Bad for the Climate. But It May Also Be Bad for Investors – Energy Post – May 12
- Eco-Investing for ‘Green’ Returns – CNBC – April 22
- Mass. Emerges As Hub Of Fossil Fuel Divestment Movement - WBUR – March 14
- ‘Go Fossil Free': Individual Investors Begin to Divest from Fossil Fuel - San Jose Mercury News – March 14
- Fossil-Fuel-Free Mutual Funds Growing In Popularity - WGBH News – February 12
- Getting Carbon Out of Your Portfolio - Associated Press – January 24
- Investors to Unilever, General Mills, 38 Other Companies: Adopt Sustainable Palm Oil Policies – Environmental Leader – December 5, 2013
- Investors Look to Cleantech for Petroleum-Free Portfolios – GreenBiz – November 13, 2013
- Exxon, Range Resources get an F in fracking disclosure, report says – Dallas Business Journal – November 11, 2013
- Energy Companies Are Not Transparent Enough on Fracking Risks, Study Says – San Antonio Business Journal – November 7, 2013
- Shareowners warn Monsanto, Dow, Kraft and Coke on GMO foods – GreenBiz – October 16, 2013
- Greens ask U.S. Biotech Firms to Sit Out Food-Labeling Vote – Chicago Tribune – October 9, 2013
- How to Extract Fossil Fuels from Your Investment Portfolio – CNBC – September 17, 2013
- Tyson Foods Shareholders Pressure Company to Eliminate Use of ‘Cruel’ Pig Gestation Crates – NY Daily News – August 16, 2013
- How to Divest Fossil Fuel Investments, and Maybe Impress the Kids – Reuters – August 9, 2013
- Kellogg CEO Challenged on Rain Forest Harm by Activist – Bloomberg – August 2nd, 2013
- Shareholders to Vote on Resolution for Avon to ‘Ditch Toxic Cosmetics’ – Cosmetic Design – May 2nd, 2013
- Shareowners Pressure Companies on Renewables and Efficiency – GreenBiz – March 1, 2013
- Starbucks Will Source Only Sustainable Palm Oil by 2015 – Triple Pundit – February 25, 2013
- Investors Push Back on Fracking – Motley Fool – February 5, 2013
- Deep Green Investing: A Closer Look – GreenBiz – February 3, 2013
- Expiration of Tax Credit Threatens Wind Industry — Green Century’s Senior Vice President, Kristina Curtis, writing in The Houston Chronicle – August 10th, 2012
- Investor network Pushes for Safer Chemical Policies — Financial Advisor – August 1st, 2012
- Green Century Pressures Corporations To Ban Political Contributions — Financial Advisor – July 24th, 2012
- Shareholders Pursue Sustainability During 2012 Proxy Voting Season — CSRWire – July 10th, 2012
- It’s 2 A.M: Do You Know Where Your Investments Are? — New Jersey News Room – June 5th, 2012
- Shareholders Pursue Coal Ash Disclosure — The State Journal – May 14th, 2012
- Exxon, Chevron Shareholders Call for Fracking Risk Disclosures — Environmental Leader – May 24th, 2012
- Green Century Goes After Irresponsible Political Spending — Marketwatch – April 19th, 2012
- Green Century Holds Fracking Industry Accountable — Green Business Network – April 11th, 2012
- Shareholders Press Target and 3M to Halt Political Spending — CityPages – January 19th, 2012
- Investors Tackle Fracking and Water Shortages — Forbes Blogs – June 29th, 2011
- Exxon Shareholder Resolution Demands Tar Sands Investment Disclosure — Triple Pundit – May 25th, 2011
- Investors Question Fracking Practices — Philadelphia Inquirer – April 5th, 2011
- Kodak Agrees to Green Century Request for Political Spending Transparency — Corporate Governance – March 30th, 2011
- Investors Use Dialogue to Push for Sustainabilty — Green America – February 11, 2011
- ConAgra, Heinz top Green Century Grading on BPA Removal — Forbes – October 25th, 2010
- Wal-Mart, Coke Among Companies Graded Harshly by Green Century — Environmental Leader – October 21st, 2010
- Green Century Grades Companies on BPA Removal Efforts — USA Today – October 21st, 2010
- Investors Push Back on Corporate Support for Proposition 23 — L.A. Times – October 13th, 2010
- Investor Group Advocates for Stronger Coal Ash Regulations — SustainableBusiness – September 17th, 2010
- “Coal Ash Requires Stronger EPA Regulations, Say Investors” — PRNewswire – September 15th, 2010
- Western Oil Companies Face Liabilities as Chinese Move In — Triple Pundit – April 14th, 2010
- Investor Coalition Leads Charge Against Fracking — Star Telegram – January 26th, 2010
- Bad Apples — Huffington Post – January 15th, 2010
- Shareholders Ask Nike to Quit Chamber of Commerce — The Hill – September 29th, 2009
- Investor Groups Put Climate Pressure on Businesses — New York Times – October 2nd, 2009
- Green Century Criticizes FDA — Financial Advisor Magazine – December 1st, 2009
- BPA: Know the Risks — Financial Advisor Magazine – April 21st, 2009
- Investment Firm Focuses on the Environment — AllBusiness – November 28th, 2008
Please note that by following any of the links above, you will be leaving the GreenCentury.com website. Neither Green Century Capital Management nor the Green Century Funds nor UMB Distribution Services, LLC is responsible for the content on other websites.
The views expressed in the articles are those of the author(s) at the time the articles were written. They do not necessarily reflect the views of the Funds, their Advisor, or their Distributor. These views may not be relied upon as investment advice.
Click here to view the current holdings of the Green Century Funds. Portfolio composition will change due to ongoing management of the Funds. References to specific securities or sectors should not be construed as recommendations by the Funds, their Advisor, or their Distributor.