Some of our most noteworthy mentions in the media:
- Jack in the Box Puts Limitation on Antibiotic Use in Poultry Purchases – San Diego Business Journal – December 22
Learn more about our shareholder advocacy efforts with Jack in the Box, owner of Jack in the Box and Qdoba Mexican Eats, to limit antibiotic misuse in the poultry supply chain.
- 5 developments that will convince you there is still hope for climate progress – Matador Network – December 19
In a time of political uncertainty, there are plenty of avenues to make a difference, including our three fossil fuel free mutual funds.
- Paul Hodgson: A changing of the guard as big firms acquire ESG pioneers? – Responsible Investor – November 23
As larger firms acquire smaller sustainable investing firms, Green Century and other socially, responsible, and impact (SRI) investing pioneers reaffirm our commitment to independence and the promotion of our investors’ principles.
- RI ESG Briefing, October 19: GES, Impax, Investor Forum, ISO, ShareAction, Trillium – Responsible Investor – October 19
At the Procter and Gamble (P&G) Annual General Meeting Green Century called on the consumer goods company to disclose its political affiliations and spending through trade associations on the local, state, and federal level.
- International food leaders race to go Beyond Meat – Forbes – October 19
Through our shareholder advocacy efforts, Green Century successfully withdrew its shareholder proposal from Tyson Foods, the largest meat producer in the U.S., after the company announced its investment in alternative, plant-based protein producer, Beyond Meat.
- The Future of Food: Can Environmentally Focused Activist Shareholders Transform Animal-Based Agriculture? – Salon – October 17
Learn how Green Century’s shareholder advocacy influenced the largest meat producer in the U.S. to adopt plant-based protein.
- Sustainable Food System Could Be Worth $2.3 Trillion – Bloomberg – October 17
Shareholder advocacy at Green Century is working with companies to better measure and manage food waste to help mitigate climate change and end hunger and poverty.
- Darden Restaurants facing investor pressure to eliminate antibiotics from supply chain – MarketWatch – October 17
Learn more about Green Century’s shareholder proposal at at Darden Restaurants, Inc., owner of major chains including Olive Garden and Longhorn Steakhouse to ensure that the company’s meat supply chain is free of non-therapeutic antibiotics.
- Darden won’t adopt tougher policy on meats just yet – but the fight’s not over – Orlando Business Journal – September 29
As part of our efforts to phase out the non-therapeutic use of antibiotics in animal agriculture, Green Century filed a shareholder proposal at Darden Restaurants, Inc., owner of major chains including Olive Garden and Longhorn Steakhouse.
- Tyson Foods Needs to Grasp the Nettle on Plant-Based Protein – Just Food – September 1
Investors urge industry leader to offer more sustainable plant-based options.
- Orlando Shooting Puts Focus on SRI Funds – Wealth Management – June 13
President Leslie Samuelrich comments on the role of socially responsible investments and firearm screens in the wake of the Orlando tragedy.
- EXECUTIVE PERSPECTIVE: Align Investments to Your Principles – Thomson Reuters – February 2
President Leslie Samuelrich’s opinion piece that includes reflections from ESG pioneer and Green Century Funds Trustee Peter Kinder.
2013 (click to open)
- Investors to Unilever, General Mills, 38 Other Companies: Adopt Sustainable Palm Oil Policies – Environmental Leader – December 5, 2013
- Investors Look to Cleantech for Petroleum-Free Portfolios – GreenBiz – November 13, 2013
- Exxon, Range Resources get an F in fracking disclosure, report says – Dallas Business Journal – November 11, 2013
- Energy Companies Are Not Transparent Enough on Fracking Risks, Study Says – San Antonio Business Journal – November 7, 2013
- Shareowners warn Monsanto, Dow, Kraft and Coke on GMO foods – GreenBiz – October 16, 2013
- Greens ask U.S. Biotech Firms to Sit Out Food-Labeling Vote – Chicago Tribune – October 9, 2013
- How to Extract Fossil Fuels from Your Investment Portfolio – CNBC – September 17, 2013
- Tyson Foods Shareholders Pressure Company to Eliminate Use of ‘Cruel’ Pig Gestation Crates – NY Daily News – August 16, 2013
- How to Divest Fossil Fuel Investments, and Maybe Impress the Kids – Reuters – August 9, 2013
- Kellogg CEO Challenged on Rain Forest Harm by Activist – Bloomberg – August 2nd, 2013
- Shareholders to Vote on Resolution for Avon to ‘Ditch Toxic Cosmetics’ – Cosmetic Design – May 2nd, 2013
- Shareowners Pressure Companies on Renewables and Efficiency – GreenBiz – March 1, 2013
- Starbucks Will Source Only Sustainable Palm Oil by 2015 – Triple Pundit – February 25, 2013
- Investors Push Back on Fracking – Motley Fool – February 5, 2013
- Deep Green Investing: A Closer Look – GreenBiz – February 3, 2013
2012 (click to open)
- Expiration of Tax Credit Threatens Wind Industry — Green Century’s Senior Vice President, Kristina Curtis, writing in The Houston Chronicle – August 10th, 2012
- Investor network Pushes for Safer Chemical Policies — Financial Advisor – August 1st, 2012
- Green Century Pressures Corporations To Ban Political Contributions — Financial Advisor – July 24th, 2012
- Shareholders Pursue Sustainability During 2012 Proxy Voting Season — CSRWire – July 10th, 2012
- It’s 2 A.M: Do You Know Where Your Investments Are? — New Jersey News Room – June 5th, 2012
- Shareholders Pursue Coal Ash Disclosure — The State Journal – May 14th, 2012
- Exxon, Chevron Shareholders Call for Fracking Risk Disclosures — Environmental Leader – May 24th, 2012
- Green Century Goes After Irresponsible Political Spending — Marketwatch – April 19th, 2012
- Green Century Holds Fracking Industry Accountable — Green Business Network – April 11th, 2012
- Shareholders Press Target and 3M to Halt Political Spending — CityPages – January 19th, 2012
2011 (click to open)
2010 (click to open)
- ConAgra, Heinz top Green Century Grading on BPA Removal — Forbes – October 25th, 2010
- Wal-Mart, Coke Among Companies Graded Harshly by Green Century — Environmental Leader – October 21st, 2010
- Green Century Grades Companies on BPA Removal Efforts — USA Today – October 21st, 2010
- Investors Push Back on Corporate Support for Proposition 23 — L.A. Times – October 13th, 2010
- Investor Group Advocates for Stronger Coal Ash Regulations — SustainableBusiness – September 17th, 2010
- “Coal Ash Requires Stronger EPA Regulations, Say Investors” — PRNewswire – September 15th, 2010
- Western Oil Companies Face Liabilities as Chinese Move In — Triple Pundit – April 14th, 2010
- Investor Coalition Leads Charge Against Fracking — Star Telegram – January 26th, 2010
- Bad Apples — Huffington Post – January 15th, 2010
2009 (click to open)