Fossil Fuel Free Investing
For investors who care about climate change, keeping investments out of fossil fuel companies is a direct way to act on this concern.
Consider a fossil fuel free portfolio: the Green Century Balanced Fund does not hold any oil, gas, or coal companies. The Balanced Fund is one of just two responsible, broad-based fossil fuel free mutual funds in the nation.
– Bill McKibben, author
and 350.org founder
Resources for Investors and Advisors
- Extracting Fossil Fuels from Your Portfolio: A Guide to Personal Divestment and Reinvestment
This guide provides the steps to divest from fossil fuel companies and invest in companies building a sustainable future. Written by Green Century, Trillium Asset Management, and 350.org, with special introduction by Bill McKibben.
- A Green(er) Portfolio: Carbon Footprint Report
As a result of our investment strategy, the Green Century Balanced Fund is nearly 50% less carbon intensive than the S&P 500®¹.
- Five Reasons to Consider Divesting from Fossil Fuels
Use this two-page fact sheet, which lays out the top five reasons to divest from fossil fuel companies – and share it with family, friends and clients.
- The Power and Limits of Shareholder Advocacy with Fossil Fuel Companies
This piece explores the limits of using shareholder advocacy to convince coal, oil, and gas companies to reduce fossil fuel production.
- Read more about fossil fuel free Balanced Fund’s performance
- View the Prospectus for the Green Century Funds